Why You Should Be Adding a Blog to Your Website
A blog post about blogging. Ironic, right?
Incorporating a blog on your website can go a long way to attracting new customers and really be a value-add at a low cost. Blog posts allow you and your business to publish insights, thoughts, and stories on your website about any topic, which can help you boost brand awareness, credibility, and promote conversations. When you’re consistently adding content to your page, it generates more traffic to your website and ultimately more leads and revenue.
So, what goes into a good blog?
Writing a blog can be broken down into five simple steps.
- Have a clear subject. Plan your blog post by choosing a topic. After coming up with a topic, conduct research and check facts. Create an outline based on your research and establish the flow of your blog.
- Craft a great headline. Create a compelling title that is both informative and will capture readers’ attentions.
- Write your post. Write your first draft in a single session or gradually work on content.
- Edit your blog post. Once you finish your first draft, read your post aloud to check its flow and for any grammatical errors. Have someone else read it and provide feedback and edits. Keep sentence and paragraphs short and make sure to avoid repetition.
- Add a solution. Help the reader come to a solution or a decision and provide next steps like a call to action.
Why is it important to have an effective and consistent blog presence?
Regularly publishing quality blogs gives you and your business a way to gain prominence in online search results and convert traffic into customers. Even with a limited marketing budget, blogs allow you to make the most effective use of search engine optimization (SEO). Research SEO trends and SEO key terms to incorporate the top-ranking results which are relevant to the topic of your blog. This will generate more clicks on your articles and bring new readers to your page.
Publishing good content isn’t just enough, you need a frequent blogging schedule and a consistent strategy. If you’re regular blog posts start to become more infrequent, your visitors and search engines will notice the inconsistency. Search engines are always looking for fresh content and reward those who regularly publish quality content by increasing their rank amongst competing content creators. A schedule is helpful to plan out timely posts and align your blogs with any content offers and other marketing efforts you have going on.
Where to share your blog to maximize results.
You will want to diversify your blog promotion strategy to reach as many people as possible. Adding the social media share options on your blog post will help maximize its visibility. To generate more traffic, you should share your blog on as many social media sites as possible, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Also sending an email in a newsletter-style with your blog will help get more clicks. The more places you reach, the more visibility you will get.
All of this sounds good to you? Contact us in the form below to add blogging to your marketing efforts or let us help you improve your blogging strategy!